9.12.2005

Peas and Carrots

My friend in Omaha is doing a new church thing. They have a Latin name and money and a denomination. Currently they have a budget to buy video projectors, sound boards, and such. The focus of the project is to do missional community in Omaha which, by the way, Omaha is in great need of something like this. In my eyes Omaha is a black whole because everyone get swallowed into the suburbs- how boring is that? Anywho, we are a pretty small movement here in Lincoln, Nebraska. We have nine "regulars" and our sister group has four. Thirteen people total who think they can change the world but they also have no clue what the hell they are doing. This past weekend a few things tipped me off and somehow I saw God through them. For me these little events are the pinnacles of my existence and I would like to share a few with you.

"The Music, The Moment..."
Friday night I went to the Bob Schnider concert with some people. Dave Ellerbee tipped me off that Bob was coming to Knickerbockers. Usually I have a hard time following the crowd I went to the concert with-- it is hard for me to blend in and I feel out of place. However, Dave bought my ticket for me and almost invited me to this concert. It was huge encouragement and challenge to me. Encouragement because I felt included and wanted. It was challenging because I get very self conscious around-- I don't know exactly who but the bar band atmospher is defiantly not my natural habitat. I think the night pulled me a little further out of my shell.

"Go Big Red"
Saturday night Ryan came to watch the game at Jason's with us. The big part for me was Ryan has season tickets to the Husker home games. Saturday he just left his ticket unused because he wanted to chill with us. For me, people can make new churches, buy equipment, and be official but they do not have people giving up football tickets to hang out with the group; we do and it is just amazing to me!

"Give it away"
I believe we all have an identity. Whoever we believe we are, there is some part of us that is unique-- I call it your essence. People demand this essence from you. They seek power and they want you to lay down and give up that essence so they can feel power over you. From my window, Elissa's identity is being demanded from her by her parents. Her mother is very controlling. But don't worry, everything is okay. Not only did she not give it to them this weekend, but she decided she wanted to keep it long term. Things are pretty hard currently with wedding stuff and all, but I believe that years down the road she is teaching her parents how to love better. I can see the freedom hovering in the distance and I think Elissa is going to help them reach that freedom.

Girls and guys we have some cool ass shit going on here! I am so excited!! Thanks for being my friends, coming into my life, and sticking with us on this journey. I think your life will change because of it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home